Our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of the communities we serve is unwavering in the face of the continuing, and now increased threat posed by COVID-19. The data is clear: safer at home orders reduce the spread of the coronavirus. Quite simply, they save lives. Importantly, the stay at home order also allows us to ramp up increased testing capacity, contact tracing and more vital efforts required to control the spread of the virus while treatments, and hopefully a vaccine, are being developed. As a community, we would be well-served to stay singularly focused on the science, the data, caring for the people of Wisconsin and reopening our economy in a smart, thoughtful and balanced way.
To that end, the safeguards we have implemented at ThedaCare remain in place, including:
- Visitor restrictions
- Screenings and temperature checks at our entrances
- Universal masking
- Testing of patients prior to procedures and surgeries
- Isolation of COVID-19 cases and creation of respiratory care clinics
- Online health resources and video visits
- Phased reopening of essential surgeries, primary care, and other specialties and diagnostics
While the State of Wisconsin is navigating through changes in response to the pandemic, one thing remains the same: ThedaCare’s mission to improve the health of the communities we serve while safely providing care for our patients and families.
We will continue to monitor the spread of the virus and adjust accordingly, always keeping the safety of our patients, communities and team members as our focus.