Support ThedaCare's COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund
Protecting Patients and Providers
Current Visitor Restrictions at ThedaCare Locations
At ThedaCare, the first priority is protecting the health and wellness of patients, team members and visitors.
Due to the rising levels nationwide of coronavirus COVID-19, ThedaCare is implementing heightened visitor restrictions – until further notice – to continue caring for our communities while minimizing potential exposure.
All ThedaCare facilities will be screening visitors, contractors, and vendors at our entrances. Visitors will be denied entry if they exhibit or have been experiencing any of the following:
- Fever (100.0), cough, sore throat, muscle or body aches, headaches, fatigue (tiredness) or shortness of breath within the past 48 hours
- Exposure to anyone exhibiting any of these symptoms within the past 48 hours
- Contact with someone known to have coronavirus or actively being tested for coronavirus within the last 14 days
Restrictions By Location
- No visitors will be allowed in rooms of patients with pending or positive COVID-19 tests, except under extreme circumstances or in a guardian situation.
- Anyone under the age of 16 is restricted from visiting, except under extreme circumstances.
- One essential visitor or support person may remain with the patient for the duration of the visit. After a visit is complete, visitors must leave the building and cannot remain in waiting areas, public areas or cafeterias.
- Some exceptions may be made for end-of-life situations or other extreme circumstances.
- Visitors who are coughing or showing signs of illness will be asked to leave the facility.
- Additional restrictions may be imposed based on the clinical status of the patient or provider judgment.
- No visitors will be allowed, with the exception of those visiting residents who are experiencing a significant change of condition or at the end of life.
- Residents of The Heritage may not visit residents in other areas of the campus.
- Only one visitor per pediatric or adult patient; parent, guardian or caregiver only. Visitors should speak with the patient’s clinical team if the patient requires additional assistance.
No visitors, guardians only if required.
ThedaCare understands exceptions may need to be made on a case-by-case basis.
Visitors who are ill should not visit patients. Family members are encouraged to use other ways to connect with their loved ones through phone or video calls.
Here you can access the latest COVID-19 updates from ThedaCare and our clinical collaborator, Mayo Clinic, as well as prevention tips, facts and other healthcare resources.
News and Updates
ThedaCare news releases and press contact information
ThedaCare offers a variety of online care options for both new and current patients